Saturday 6 September 2008

French Diary


2nd September 2007 (beginning a year in the Dordogne)


Feels like Autumn, mist heavy this morning & quite chilly. The garden really needs the goats back, it is looking very lush & overgrown, especially the willow tree. Two cockerells have been 'taken-away' so it is a lot quieter in the morning.
Visit to Rauffet. Even more wonderful than we remembered. Judy went through all the things we have to do. Can't believe I'm looking forward to living next to a forest!
Never lived anywhere where you can pick lemons for your gin, walnuts for your salad, figs for breakfast, apples for your lunch and even grapes!
St Francis-Michael will be looking after all the birds & loads of fish.

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

I just discovered your work and ordered two books from Amazon. Your style and the colors you use are incredibly unique and beautiful! I hope you will start writing more often in this blog and showing more of paintings in progress (if that is a good idea for you) or even finished works or sketches! I can't wait to receive your books from Amazon in the mail. Lisabeth from US

Lila Rostenberg said...

Hi Shirley!
I have read and learned so much from your watercolor books! YOur paintings are so luscious and still loose too! You have been my greatest influence...I was truly painting a lot until I discovered blogging.It is a lovely fall day and I have the day off so I am hoping to paint!
YOur life in France sounds wonderful!