Monday 8 December 2008

New Work Online


Blues in a Room (watercolour and mixed media)
One of 10 recent works I have uploaded to my online gallery:
http://www.shirleytrevena.com/galleryone1.htm

The work was painted this year in France where I was enjoying a years adventure living deep in the beautiful Dordogne countryside.

It is a mixture of still life studies and a series of abstract landscapes. I just had to record the stunning change of seasons and didit in the most vibrant way I could think of.

3 comments:

Kelly M. said...

Ms. Trevena -- I'm so very glad to have found your blog. Your new work is ebullient with color and energy -- France must have been good to you!

I have your books and your video and read/watch frequently throughout the year (especially in the dreary winter of New England). I do hope you'll publish again. In the meantime, happy holidays and best regards --

Lila Rostenberg said...

The new painting is marvelous! So luscious with beautiful color!

Diana said...

I am also a big fan. I too have your books and dvd. I would love to see more pictures when you blog...not necessarily completed paintings but even the lovely countryside where you stay in France or what inspires you... or maybe your putting them in your next book? Love your work.